Thursday, August 5, 2010

So here is the main part of my house; the dining room and living room. Then stemming out of this room are all of the bedrooms. I took this pretty much from the door of my room so that gives you an idea. There are 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a kitchen!

This is my bed, where I take my daily ciestas and my nightly sleep time. Its pretty fabulous.
This is the city of Queretaro behind me. You can see the aquaducts that are all lit up and super cool at night which I discovered last night for the first time, but for the most part the town is pretty big, made up of 60,000 I think the tour guide said. This is only half.


This is the courtyard of OLE! I see this place everyday. But it is a safe and comfortable place for me (lots of english is spoken here, as well as lots of spanish)
School is going well. Its hard to stay engaged in class for four hours but I make it through. I'm starting to get my berings pretty well. We missed our turn the other night coming home and I was able to locate us and navigate our way home so that is good news. Queretaro is becoming more familiar and so is Spanish. I've learned lots of new words thanks to our American/Mexican friends, however most of them would be unlikely to be heard in a classroom. However two of my favorites I feel I can share with you. One is "vamos a mori" which means we're gunna die. We decided we should know that because the drivers here are CRAZY and everytime we go to cross the street, we almost get run over by a car, taxi, or cambio. Its insane. So now we just say that all the time. The second is "eso es lo que dijo ella" which of course is "thats what she said" which we just learned last night because we felt it was very necessary.
Hasta Luego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment