Tuesday, August 3, 2010

School has begun...

Lets see..sometime early sunday morning (about 2 am) my stomach decided it hated me, and I've been sick pretty much ever since. Haven't really eaten much for the past two days, but tried to still make the most of it. Food seems to be the only thing that upsets me, which leads me slightly towards annorexia, which is NOT why I came here at all, but for the moment, its whats getting me by.
Classes started yesterday. We have class from 8-12 and then molly and I have a 4 ish our break from 12-430 when our cultural studies class starts. Our four hour class drags on really long most of the time, especially when youre sick. Fortunately just about everybody either IS sick or has been sick. Yesterday at lunch we finally got to have a conversation with our host dad, who we pretty much never see, so that was really exciting and hes pretty funny so we were glad we got to experience that. Our afternoon class is very interesting because we're learning so much about the culture and there is a total of 6 of us in the class. Its pretty great and we're having a fabulous time minus the eating troubles. Sunday we found an italian restaraunt and it was super cool to just eat some pasta! Then for lunch yesterday our host mom made us pasta salad and chicken. I think she knows that something is upsetting our stomachs so shes trying to ease up on us. How sweet, I just hope she doesn't think its her fault we're all sick because its definetly not.
Today we will do laundry and lots and lots of homework. It all just started to pile on yesterday and we're a little stressed out. Tonight we're going to try and go to a "Nacho Libre" type wresting match, which I've never seen the movie, but I've heard its very routy, kinda bizzare, and very theatrical. I'm excited to goooo!!!
Hasta Luego

No comments:

Post a Comment