Friday, July 30, 2010

My First Day

Yesterday was my first full day in Queretaro. What a day it was. My alarm didn't go off in the morning, fortunately I had a lovely American roommate who woke me up (and I'm sure my host mom would have too if it came down to it) and we had a lovely breakfast of what i think was juevos rancheros and beans and toast. Yummy. We had to be at school at 8 and from 8-9 we had a OLE orientation. From 9-11 we had "survival spanish," it all started rushing back. Then from 11-130 we had a tour of the city via bus (pictures to come soon but this morning i don't have time!). It was awesome. Its HUGE...and beautiful. Then we got to come home for lunch and a ciesta which was much needed. Then back to school at 4 to meet up with our conversation partners. We got to walk around town, go to a helado shop con chicos muy guapos who spoke ingles muy bueno but we weren't allowed to speak to them in English thanks to our spanish partner. Lisa and I may go back there today. Haha. Ummm. Then we had another 2 hour lecture class which was just pretty much asking more cultural questions about Mexicans to our chicano teacher. then we returned home and showered (finally!). As i was waiting for the shower, my sister asked if we wanted to go meet her friend who has four guapo americanos (boys) living with her...so we did...they were not all they were cracked up to be, however it was cool to meet 5 american boys and 2 american girls who we could speak english too. Then it was off to bed. Today is a new day full of LOTS more walking (my feet and legs hurt rull bad) and more viewing the beautiful city of Queretaro!
Hasta Luego!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome first day! Juevos Rancheros are your father's favorite. Whats a Hilado Shop? Is that a dress shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. helado is ice cream. And we went back this morning and they weren't there. However we're thinking its because yesterday we went at 4 and today we went at 1. we will go back at 4 and see if they are there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous!! Espero que tengas un buen tiempo con tu familia mexicana y con tus estudiantes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "they were not all they were cracked up to be" lovin it, made me laugh

    ReplyDelete